I ordered and paid in full 3 bridesmaid dresses in the beginning of May from the Orland Park store.I was told that I would receive the dresses in the plenty of time for my October 3 wedding.

In the middle of August I started calling the store and seeing when my dresses would arrive. Only a manager can check on the shipping status, but it seems as if a manager is NEVER there. I was told 4 different times that they'd have a manager call me back with the shipping information. That NEVER happened.

Finally on Sept. 6 I found a manager, and she told me my dresses would arrive on Friday Sept. 12. Fine, ok.

I planned to drive to WI that night to deliver a dress to a bridesmaid because I wasn't going to trust HOB with anymore long shipping. On Sept. 12 I called and was told no one could check and see if my dresses have arrived or not because only a manager can check that. BUT NO MANAGER IS THERE.

On Sept. 13, I speak with manager Michelle Brown and she tells me that my dresses have not arrived and they're not going to arrive until Wednesday Sept. 17. That is UNACCEPTABLE.

IF they even come on Wednesday that gives me 2 weeks to find a time to deliver dresses to the maids and have them get alterations done. That's not going to happen. I requested a refund, but Michelle informs me that only a GENERAL MANAGER can give a refund. So I asked how to speak with a general manager or when does one come in.

She tells me I can't contact one, she has to send an email. So I asked to be cc'd on the email. She said she'll send that out as soon as she gets off the phone. And did I ever receive any email?

NO! I will be contacting my credit card and starting a charge back. DON'T SHOP HERE. I read a few complaints about HOB before I went and just thought it wouldn't happen to me if I ordered early enough.

DON'T take the chance.Planning a wedding is stressful enough.

Review about: House Of Brides Manager.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with House Of Brides?

Comments